More of the Awesome

The Brutal Telling (Chief Inspector Armand Gamache #5) - Louise Penny Slugfest (Dirty Business Mystery #4) - Rosemary  Harris Panic Button - Kylie Logan Supernatural Born Killers - Casey Daniels Slave to Sensation - Nalini Singh Wire to Wire - Scott Sparling Ghostly Ruins: America's Forgotten Architecture - Gary Jansen Secrets to Surrender - Linda Hilton Libriomancer  - Jim C. Hines The Secret of the Old Clock: 80th Anniversary Limited Edition - Carolyn Keene

A few more of those authors we love to love.

First up is Canadian author Louise Penny, a warm and lovely woman, an elegant writer of award winning books. In her own words:  "My books are about terror. That brooding terror curled deep down inside us. But more than that, more than murder, more than all the rancid emotions and actions, my books are about goodness. And kindness. About choices. About friendship and belonging. And love. Enduring love.

If you take only one thing away from any of my books I'd like it to be this:

Goodness exists."  If you haven't read her books, you should.

Rosemary Harris is a friendly, warm, and funny author who is highly appreciative of her readers. She writes cozy mysteries with the most vivid, unforgettable characters I have ever read. While most solid authors can give you unforgettable main characters, Harris can create the most amazing secondary and incidental characters. My favorites are still the bikers from her first book, Pushing Up Daisies.

Kylie Logan/Casey Daniels considered keeping bees at one time for a book series she did not sell. A longtime author, Logan/Daniels has at least four series active at the moment. A favorite of mine and not only because she has promised to write me and my Big Jar of Buttons into one of her books.

Nalini Singh is one of two authors on this list I haven't met. Her posts are positive and appreciative, she always is happy to talk to her readers. Her  Slave to Sensation, the first of her Psy/Changeling series hooked me, just like it did so many other readers.

I had such a crush on Scott Sparling in the fifth grade. A nice boy then and a nice man now, and if you ever read this Scott, you are still hot. ;) Wire to Wire is his debut novel with excellent reviews.

Harry Skrdla wrote about Ghostly Ruins, and a couple decades ago we wandered around inside Detroit's Fox Theatre, among others. I only recently discovered his book but Harry has always had an appreciation for architecture others have long since abandoned.

Jim C Hines is the other author I haven't met but he lives within stalking distance of me. Why would I stalk him? For this, http://www.jimchines.com/cover-posing/   Read his blog, check out his poses and tell me this is not one great guy. Don't forget his books!

Who's that other author in the slide show? Linda Hilton? Do I know her? Why yes, yes I do. Linda creates two of my favorite things-books and jewelry. A good friend and-oooh, shiny!

One last author-Carolyn Keene. Over the years Keene has been the pseudonym of both men and women keeping alive one of the first smart, independent female and longest running heroines in print, Nancy Drew. The Clue in the Old Stagecoach, was the first Nancy Drew I read and I have never quite lost my desire to own a convertible.